Mission Hills Christian School (MHCS) exists to serve families who desire for their children an education that is distinctly Christian. To this end, we provide a biblically integrated academic program in a godly and loving classroom environment and a safe campus setting. Qualified and committed faculty and staff train students to identify and achieve their God-given potential.
Christian education is a vital component in the transforming process by which students become the people that God intends them to be. Mission Hills Christian School teachers shape the hearts and minds of their students by bringing them into alignment with the truth of God’s Word (Luke 6:40; Deut. 6:4-8). Mission Hills Christian School equips students for life by cultivating the spiritual, intellectual, social, and physical dimensions of the whole child (Luke 2:52). Our goal is that each student may be presented mature in Christ (Col. 1:28). This understanding of Christian education provides the backdrop of our vision.
We envision graduates who possess an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ that results in faithful commitment to a life of Christian discipleship.
We envision graduates who have developed their critical thinking abilities because academic success should not be limited to the mere retention and recitation of facts. Graduates are equipped to successfully navigate the academic challenges that await them in high school and beyond.
We envision graduates whose appreciation of biblical truth extends beyond its content to include its application. They demonstrate wisdom by allowing biblical principles to guide them in their decision making.
We envision graduates who are oriented toward the needs of others. As citizens of God’s kingdom, they commit themselves to that life of service which results in lasting impact and eternal significance.
We envision graduates whose attitudes and actions demonstrate respect for God, authority and their peers.
We envision graduates who understand that their bodies are temples in which the Holy Spirit dwells. They value recreation and fitness, relational purity and responsible lifestyle choices.
A Nurturing Environment for Students & Families
Students thrive when they know they are safe, loved, and valued as individuals. At Mission Hills Christian School (MHCS), students are encouraged, mentored, and challenged to be all that God wants them to be by teachers who actively model discipleship. Our faculty and staff are qualified and experienced educators as well as committed Christians. They bring to the classroom a love for the Lord, a love of teaching, and a love for their students. And it shows.
At Mission Hills Christian School, spiritual formation is woven through every aspect of our program. In the classroom, in extracurricular programs, and in student activities, students are encouraged to know Christ and to grow in their relationship with Him. Our teachers, who are all committed Christians, model a Christian walk before their students. The Bible is taught as a core subject at all grade levels. Students are trained in righteousness according to the scriptures (II Tim. 3:16), learning to hide God’s Word in their hearts through ongoing memorization. Students also learn to apply the scriptures to their daily circumstances as they study the lessons of the Word. God’s Word informs the teaching of all subjects in order to instill a biblical worldview in each student.
Statement of Faith
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
* We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
* We believe that the salvation of lost and sinful man through the regeneration of the Holy Spirit is essential.
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost- they that are saved to the resurrection of life and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation.
* We believe in the literal existence of both heaven and hell.
* We believe in the spiritual unity and community of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Mission Hills Christian School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, or athletic and other school-administered programs.
Philosophy of Education
* We believe that Christian education extends beyond the informational dimension and is transformational (Rom. 12:2). It is designed to produce Christ-likeness in students.
* We believe that the final responsibility for the discipline and instruction of the child belongs primarily to the parents (Eph. 6:4). We recognize that education begins in the home and is advanced in the Christian school as an extension of parental authority. Therefore, we seek to work closely with the home in a mutual effort to inculcate in the student those standards and values that are consistent with the Christian worldview.
* We believe that in order for education to be consistently Christian, all those who impact the learning environment of the student must themselves be Christian. Within the school context, the teacher serves as the primary shaper of a child’s heart and mind as defined by the biblical worldview. Teaching and modeling in Christian discipleship by the teacher equips the student to live an exemplary life as a disciple of Jesus (Luke 6:40).
* We believe that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom (Prov. 1:7) and that, consequently, no dimension of life can be rightly understood apart from the grace and knowledge of God. Christian education purposes to set the knowledge of God and of His creation in its right order by the application of biblical truth to every area of life and thought. Biblical integration is the method by which God’s Word is infused into every aspect of the school program. All academic disciplines and extracurricular activities alike must be aligned to biblical principles and commands. No teaching, theory or policy which contradicts the teaching of Scripture may be presented as true, practical or expedient (Col. 2:8).
* We believe that Christian education involves training the whole child and encompasses the study of his or her whole world. Each student’s unique learning capacity and various talents are designed and given by God Himself. These gifts are bestowed upon each student, empowering them to fulfill the specific destiny for which they were created. Christian education seeks to realize the full potential God has invested in every student. It is not limited to the spiritual and intellectual domains but includes the physical and social domains as well (Luke 2:52). The core of Christian education is not to be found in what is done for the students; it is to be found in what the students learn to do for themselves. With that in view, we emphasize challenge and affirmation, personal responsibility and self-discipline in our efforts to present each student complete in Christ (Col. 1:28).
* We believe in the active participation of the Holy Spirit in the educational process. It is the Holy Spirit who leads both teachers and students into all the truth (John 16:13). It is by the leading of the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, that the teacher is able to minister to the spoken and unspoken needs of the child’s heart. It is the power of the Holy Spirit that regenerates, redeems and renews the child in Christ from an otherwise self-oriented nature (Eph. 1:13-14).